Geologist with expertise on hydrocarbon exploration and production areas, proficiency in sedimentary processes, events, facies distribution, and geological reservoir characterization.
- Fully competent and skilled in standard geological tasks including:
- Core analysis with complete sedimentological and paleontological descriptions and interpretations, porosity estimates from all tools, and diagenetic imprint.
- Flow unit’s description and sequence stratigraphic correlation integrating core studies and well logs.
- Generation of cross sections to evaluate reservoir distribution and its quality variations.
- Experience integrating all current data into a new complete interpretation.
- Background on wellsite and operations geology.
- Significant experience in Knowledge Management.
- Background on business development.
- Ability to integrate with multicultural team.
- Ability to contribute successfully as an individual and as a multidisciplinary team player.
- Leader of team defining metrics for the Lower Cretaceous conventional siliciclastic reservoir Zubair Fm., Sabriya Oil field, Kuwait. The analysis lead to review production, redefine targets, recommendation of new technologies, and a plan for infill drilling.
- Geological reservoir characterization of the Lower Cretaceous conventional carbonate reservoir Mauddud Fm., Raudhatain Oil Field, Kuwait. Detailed study of facies, microfacies, diagenetic features to support the update of the Static and the Dynamic models. The Mauddud is the major carbonate reservoir in this field.
- Coordinating the Assessment and Planning the training for professional employees of Fields Development North Kuwait (Kuwait), and Exploration Management PEMEX-Villahermosa, Mexico. The execution of plans increased the on-the-job-training, attachments to international companies, attendance to international meetings, effective technology transfer, in compliance with the goals of the BSC of each company.
- Characterization of the black shale, La Luna Formation, in Western Venezuelan Andean region. The integrated multidisciplinary studies included sedimentology, biostratigraphy, organic and inorganic geochemistry, areal distribution, and possible migration pathways.
- Geological Advisor – Florida and Texas, United States of America. 2017-2019.
- Specialist Geologist - Fields development. Kuwait Oil Company. State of Kuwait. 2012-2016
- Professor of Advanced Stratigraphy. Geological Sciences Graduate School, Engineering Faculty, Central University of Venezuela. Caracas. 2011-2012.
- Business Development Consultant. Venezuelan British Chamber of Commerce. Caracas. 2006-2011.
- Knowledge Management Consultant. Independent. Venezuela and Mexico. 2003-2006.
- Exploration Technology Manager. Exploration and Production, Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. Caracas. 2001-2003.
- Knowledge Management Analyst. Exploration and Production, Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.Caracas.1999-2000.
- Stratigrapher_Biostratigrapher. Maraven, S.A. and Corpoven, S.A., former affiliates of Petróleos de Venezuela, S. A. Caracas, Western and Eastern Venezuela. 1989-1999.
- Geologist. Well site geologist, and Micropaleontologists. Maraven, S.A., former affiliate of Petróleos de Venezuela, S. A. Caracas and Maracaibo. 1976-1989.
- Diploma in Engineering Management. Institute of Advanced Studies in Administration (Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración – IESA). Caracas. July 2000
- Doctor in Mathematics and Physics, (PhD). Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Dissertation: "Biostratigraphy and depositional environments of the Upper Cretaceous-Eocene Santa Anita Group, North Eastern Venezuela". November 1985
- Magister Scientiarum in Petroleum Geology. Central University of Venezuela, Caracas. July 1980
- Geological Engineer. Central University of Venezuela, Caracas. July 1976
- Colegio de Ingenieros de Venezuela (Venezuelan Engineers Association) - Member # 17.991.
- Venezuelan Geological Society (Sociedad Venezolana de Geólogos - SVG) – Voting Member and Board of Directors (Treasurer).
- Venezuelan Society of Geophysical Engineers (Sociedad Venezolana de Ingenieros Geofísicos - SOVG). Voting Member
- Venezuelan Society of Petroleum Engineers (Sociedad Venezolana de Ingenieros de Petróleo - SVIP). Voting Member
- SEPM - Society for Sedimentary Geology.
- SPE - Society of Petroleum Engineers.
A project aimed at creating an accurate and reliable digital knowledge repository with information on Venezuela's oil & gas resources, validated by highly qualified Subject Matter Experts (SME's) with local and regional knowledge. This initiative is a partnership between Actus Veritas Geoscience, LLC and Code t3.
Learn more about our project watching the Video about rebuilding the confidence in investing in Venezuela, recovering more that 100 years of geological knowledge.