No description to show.
Stratigraphy and Biostratigraphy ans Source Rock
- Data quality
- Types of fossils and biostratigraphic analysis
Fossils used in petroleum geology: calcareous and siliceous microfossils, nannoplankton, sporomorphs, dinoflagellates, conodonts, and others.
- Index fossils and Biozonatios. Examples from different basins and regions
- High resolution biostratigraphy and examples
- Biofacies. Paleoenvironments interpretation integrating biostratigraphy
- Practical exercise using different biozones and the interpretation of paleoenvironments in order to develop a map of an exploratory area
Sequence Stratigraphic Framework
- Identification of maximum flooding surfaces (mfs) in a chronostratigraphic framework
- Biostratigraphic input for the interpreted stratigraphic sequences and systems tracts
- Integration of biostratigraphic information with seismic and well logs
- Exercise of the interpretation of maximum flooding surfaces by reviewing and integrating the data
Stratigraphy and Petroleum System
- Elements of the petroleum system with emphasis in source rock
- Source rock: correlation of biofacies with TOC
- Age of processes: Trap formation and Generation-migration-accumulation of hydrocarbon
- Fossils and thermal maturation (TMI)
- Petroleum System chart, with examples of some basins
Exercise: with the data provided, each participant will build the event scheme of a petroleum system
Development of the Chronostratigraphic Chart
- Wheeler's Diagram
Participants will build the chronostratigraphic chart of a transect in an oil basin, identifying the source rock
No requirements to show.
- Register for the event to secure the seat
- Payment is not required immediately upon registration.
- You will receive a payment processing email with a link 72 hours before the event.
- Cancellations and refunds are not available after the payment is processed
- This payment is final. A secure zoom link will be sent by email within 24 hours after the event payment is received.
Cost and registration:
- 150 US$
- For a group registration please contact us:
- 5 people 10% discount of the total amount
- 10 people 20% discount of the total amount
- More than 15 people 30% discount of the total amount